Monday, December 10, 2012

Adopt a grape vine?

In late September we re-visited Taylor-Brooke Vineyards in Woodstock, CT. Thanks to my Brother Jim and Sister-in-law Judy, I am the adoptive parent of a grape vine.  Jim and Judy weren’t available, so Gloria and I took my Mom and sister Carol along.  The picture was taken before the wine tasting after which spirits were higher.


The promotion comes with a bottle of wine each year for several years and a tour guided by the wine maker himself.  We came after the grape harvest was concluded.  The picture below shows Gloria and I with my adopted vine.

Here we are checking out the wines and mixing rooms.I had been a little skeptical about wine with added flavors, but found that the process was a lot more complicated than I thought and very interesting. Definitely this was a worthwhile experience.


These adopt a vine programs can be very educational. Consider trying one along your route.

No comments: