Friday, May 27, 2011

Marriage anyone?

Today, May 27, is the 39th wedding anniversary for Gloria and I. Being a romantic I have to say this celebrates the finalizing of the very best decision of my life.  The couple in the picture below is Adam and Ruth.   I married  them earlier this month in my role as Justice of the Peace. I have the privilege of doing one or two of these every year.  These couples are a good reminder of the importance of continuing to invest in intimate relationships – they are worth it. 

1 comment:

gloria.cournoyer said...

I still remember Dave's Grandfather’s comments about our wedding day. We were married in a Byzantine Catholic Church.
He ran a finger around his shirt collar as if he was letting out heat, “If you have any doubt that you two were married – it just took two hours. It better stick."
It did take that long but it was a beautiful wedding and even a better reception. I didn’t want the day to end. Now as I reflect, to my pleasant surprise, it only gets better every year.