Thursday, May 26, 2011

Why this blog?

Why this blog?
This blog arose in response to a request that I post on line photos from an impending trip across America. This led me to think about the reasons for the trip, the same reasons why I quit the best job on earth a couple years ago. Simply stated those reasons were: to live consciously, to remember, to understand, and to entertain.  Since writing is a great way to accomplish all four, I decided to go beyond a photo gallery and include reflections about America as I experience it along the way.
Initially the site will feature pictures and commentary related to a car trip from Connecticut to Seattle, Washington through the northern tier of the USA. My intrepid wife, Gloria, and I are taking the trusty Subaru Outback on a month long trek that will include lots of off the beaten path wanderings as well as visits to distant relatives and friends we have not yet met.  If my motivation survives and relatives and friends continue to post comments I plan to continue to blog when we return.

Since this is my maiden voyage into blogging I expect that the blog will change (improve, I hope) over the weeks.  Feedback is welcome.
David

1 comment:

Carolyn J. Rose said...

Speaking of "off the beaten track," it's time for me to beat the carpets and vacuum up the tracked in dirt before you arrive in Vancouver, Washington.
I'll be watching for your updates--especially the ones that involve horses.